101 Crimea St Morley WA 6062
Ph 93751853 0414628897
lyn@mattys.com
http://www.celebrantwa.com.au

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Overseas Bride or Groom

                            Wedding Celebrant Perth
As a wedding celebrant in Perth, I have performed many marriage ceremonies involving partners coming from overseas to get married. Most are Australians , but also some Asian men, who plan to bring a bride here from her birth country. Sometimes it is the lady who wishes to bring her future partner here to become married.

Many people do not have the opportunity to meet partners who are compatible for the lifetime companship they envisage in a marriage relationship.

Finding a prospective spouse is not easy for a quieter type of person who does not go to nightclubs, bars, multi-social events etc, but just enjoys home and family life, with an understanding companion.

Frequently a person feels out of place with married friends in a social situation. Some people use the internet, or ask to be introduced to a person who would be willing to correspond by email or meet with them at some future date. This idea is very acceptable to many people. I know, because I take care of the legal requirments and perform their marriage ceremony.

Many years ago, corresponding with each other was called a pen friend, and back even then, relationships formed that led to marriage.

Years ago, pre internet, many magazines carried pen-pal columns, contact was made, and if all was well, a friendship developed and wedding arrangements were made.

It isn't that much different now, except the internet gives many more options.

Visits overseas are necessary to check out if the chemistry is right. Are the parents and siblings OK, etc, etc. But most important of all, in spite of language difficulty, can you have fun, and clear understanding, ssometimes without words. Commion moral boundaries like total honesty and empathy, and plain good friendship should be evident much before marriage consideration takes place.


If it wasn't for internet, how would people with common goals get together?

When I ask how people who are planning to marry met, it is commonly stated that friends introduced them at a party etc.

There are no dozens of parties really providing opportunites. There may not be a lot of dinner parties at a friends house.

I have helped with an immigration letter and performed the marriage ceremony, for many couples just right for each other. I have met them later (usually at weddings of clients they referred to me) and their marriage is successful for both. Of course, sometimes communication is in very broken English, but the understanding and the love is there.

Everyone deserves a good life. Family is most important, along with companionship and understanding, and then he love will come.

I can take care of the necessary legal preparations for your marriage. I can write a letter for you for immigration . There is no extra charge for this.

Please contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment